Regardless of how you approach life… how well you manage your time, your work-life balance, personal meditation, exercise or yoga practice, healthy eating, etc. …. there are going to be times when you become “stuck”, when it appears that you are spinning your wheels, not moving forward as you would like, or perhaps even backsliding to some degree.
Sometimes this form of “stuckness” will present itself in the form of a lingering cold or other illness, a hard to heal injury, dwindling social interaction, financial stalemate, fatigue or lethargy…
Here are some do’s and don’ts for when you find yourself stuck.
- Don’t try harder to get unstuck. When a car’s wheels get stuck in the mud, stomping on the gas pedal in an attempt to hurry out of the mire, will only the cause the wheels to sink deeper.
- Don’t force yourself to meditate for hours on end, or run an extra mile, or work out longer than usual. Punishing yourself for being stuck puts energy between you and your body, separating you from yourself and creating more of a disconnect.
- Don’t throw your hands up in the air and give up. Whatever the source of the “stuckness”, it would like nothing more than for you to give in, to concede and cry “uncle”. If you give up, you are allowing that energy to be senior to you and to control your journey.
- Do recognize that nothing stays the same for long. Even if it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, in time you will get through it. Time does not stand still, the Earth is continually moving through time and space and each day you are growing and changing.
- Do try to find some amusement in your situation. It’s amazing how quickly finding amusement in a situation can change how you feel and, as a result, release the negative emotions and frustration of finding yourself stuck in one place. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
- Do continue to believe in yourself and in your ability to create change, to grow and to move forward. Sometimes being stuck for a while, offers us an opportunity for some introspection and this can ultimately lead us to becoming unstuck.
- Do seek help from trusted and positive sources. Schedule a massage; go to the chiropractor; look for natural supplements, homeopathic remedies, dietary changes that you can utilize; make an appointment for a healing or reading.
- Do keep moving!… in any way that you can. Movement helps energy to flow and when energy is flowing, change is possible.Enjoy the journey, even those times when you have to wait a while for a green light!
Posted in Healing / Tagged Balance, Change, Control, Healing, Intuitive Touch Healing, Massage, Meditation, Self-healing, Spiritual Growth, Sue Arlen, Trust